We have some exciting news: J. Carsten Remodeling owner Jason Myrlie has earned two new certifications from the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI). Learn about these new certifications and how they’ll help our team better serve clients below.
NARI Master Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (MCKBR®)
This prestigious designation is given to veteran Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodelers (CKBR®) who have been recognized as leaders in the remodeling industry. These individuals have shown dedication to the industry through leadership within their local NARI chapter or community and a commitment to professional development and continuing education. MCKBR status represents the highest level of certification NARI offers. It is reserved for those who have made valuable contributions to the betterment of the industry while maintaining a successful business. The MCKBR certification is such an honorable designation that, at this time, only two other remodelers in the entire state of Minnesota have earned it!
To become a NARI Master Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler, you must:
- Hold the Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler designation for a minimum of 10 consecutive years
- Hold another NARI Certification
- Be involved with the local NARI chapter as a committee member, board member, or officer and/or have been involved in your local community as a city council member, school board member, or other position
NARI Universal Design Certified Professional (UDCP®)
NARI Universal Design Certified Professionals (UDCP®) are recognized as experienced remodelers skilled in all aspects of universal design and remodeling. The UDCP Program addresses the fundamental concepts of Universal Design as applied to residential remodeling, including:
- Conducting client needs assessments
- Universal design applications used in residential remodeling
- Construction techniques used to implement universal design in a remodeling project
- Plumbing and electrical systems unique to universal design
- Differences between model building codes and ones described in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
To earn the NARI Universal Design Certified Professional designation, you must have:
- Worked in the remodeling industry for two consecutive years
- Have a minimum of eight hours of universal design remodeling or building-related education or attendance of NARI’s UDCP online preparatory course
The J. Carsten Remodeling team is thrilled about these new certifications, and we’re looking forward to bringing our knowledge to each home remodeling project we complete. Contact us today to start planning your remodel!