It’s a new year, and we’re starting it off right with an in-depth look at a kitchen remodel we recently completed in White Bear Lake, MN. Before renovating, this 90s townhome featured basic oak cabinets, golden oak trim, floral wallpaper, and orange-red laminated flooring. After living in the home for two years, the owners decided it was time for an upgrade — and our team was more than happy to help!
These clients had a pretty good idea of what they wanted from their new kitchen. The remodeling plan included the following:
- Installing new painted cabinets with large drawers to store pots and pans
- Adding more storage with a pantry
- Installing all new flooring on the main level
- Removing the swinging pivot door to the dining room
- Creating a larger opening into the kitchen from the hallway
Once the demo was complete, we discovered the walls weren’t framed to be 16 inches on center, so we had to add blocking to the wall to install the new cabinets properly. Speaking of installing cabinets, the large pantry wouldn’t fit through the door, so Jason had to remove the front window sashes and bring it in through there! Removing the wallpaper also revealed water damage below the window that needed to be fixed.
With or without challenges, we couldn’t be more thrilled with how this project turned out! The newly remodeled kitchen is brighter, welcoming, and incredibly functional. Some of our favorite features include the following:
- Modern white cabinets with plenty of storage, including a self-closing lazy susan
- Cambria quartz countertops and sink
- Gray subway tile backsplash with contrasting grout
- Hidden appliance garage
- Large windows surrounding the dining area
- Added seating at the peninsula
- Pantry storage with rollout shelves
- New light fixtures, recessed lights, and undercabinet lighting
Ready to see all of the design details from this incredible remodel? Scroll below to explore the completed project photos! Getting ready to plan your own remodel? Reach out to our team today!