Pots and pans, mixing bowls, toasters, cookie sheets, silverware – in most kitchens our goal is to have all these items organized. To do that we need the correct storage! As you might have guessed, storage is one of the most important elements in a kitchen.
Here are five kitchen storage ideas to incorporate into your next remodel.
1. One of the best ways to organize your pots and pans is to incorporate large pull out drawers in the lower cabinets. These are strong drawers that can hold up to 100lbs – made specifically with heavy pots and pans in mind.
2. Create a spot for forks, knives and spoons with a built-in silverware organization system. These not only look nice, but keep everything in its spot.
3. Maximize storage in your island with drawers and cabinets. This is an easy way to have your island serve multiple purposes.
4. Of course, everyone’s favorite is the pantry! One large cabinet (some walk-in) that has many shelves to hold multiple foods or cooking items.
5. The last idea is to create a vertical file drawer to hold your cookie sheets, cutting boards, and anything that would be better organized in a vertical fashion vs. laying flat. When these cooking items are vertical it’s much easier to sort through and find just what you are looking for.
The goal of any kitchen remodel is to not only create a beautiful and functional space for your family to enjoy, but to also maximize your storage. When working with a professional like J. Carten Remodeling you will get all the guidance you need through the design process to do just that!
Here are a few kitchen storage examples from projects we’ve completed.
Large lower cabinet drawers